Working from home is becoming huge these days. Also called telecommuting or flex time work, it is estimated that one in five Americans work from home. And there are many, very legitimate, companies that hire people looking for this type of work.
But how to you find telecommuting jobs that are REAL and offered by REAL companies?
At the date of this post Flexjobs had 27,959 jobs listed on this site from 4,492 companies all over the world.
The best thing that can be said about FlexJobs is that all the companies and job opportunities whose listings are accepted have been thoroughly screened to make sure they are legitimate and not scams.
I realize this is sounding like an advertisement for FlexJobs and I don’t mean for it to, but they are quite an impressive resource. And if you are reading this it should be of real interest to you because you are here looking for ways to make money online or outside the tradition method of going to a regular job.
In our research we found that FlexJobs had over 150 career categories and jobs for just about anyone ranging from entry-level to executive, freelance to full-time.
So who would find FlexJobs a good resource? (I will just copy and paste here what they say because I can’t do it any better):
• Anyone looking for part-time, flextime, and freelance jobs that are in-line with their career.
• People looking to telecommute some, or all, of the time.
• Professionals looking for flexible, flextime, or non-traditional schedules.
• Parents wanting to be more flexible for their kids and families.
• Someone looking for a second job or supplemental income that utilizes their skills and education in a professional way.
• Military spouses who need the flexibility to work from anywhere, in case their spouses are re-stationed.
• People with physical or health issues trying to find flexible work and telecommuting jobs to suit their needs.
• Retirees looking to stay professionally active and to earn some income.
• Competitive athletes wanting a professional job that will fit around their training and competition schedules.
• And anyone else who would appreciate a job that fits with their life, not a life that fits with their job!
Here’s a sampling of a few of the more well known companies offering jobs like these at the FlexJobs site.
If you are interested here is their website: http://www.flexjobs.com. Here is their phone number: 1-866-991-9222